Basso Astra Ultegra Di2 Cosmic S
Can a bike designed for the road still perform on dirt?
Some road bikes are capable of being adapted; the Astra was created to be whatever you need it to be... striking the perfect balance between road racing and the rough stuff, welcome to All-Road.
The UCI Approved Astra maintains its vocation of road cycling but increases stability and comfort. It's light, but without pushing the carbon to its limits, preserving Basso's racing DNA but makes it transversal, for those who are not professional athletes, but who want to ride their bikes every day. The new frame features dropped seatstays, a 12mm higher stack height and 3mm shorter reach, creating a slightly more relaxed riding experience. The 35mm tyre clearance allows you to mount wider tyres and venture beyond the tarmac on to light dirt roads.
3k Toray Ca High Modulus Carbon Fibre The frame is produced entirely in-house, by skilled hands at Basso Italy, its features are designed to amplify the fun factor, for those who just want to get in the saddle, no matter what their definition of riding. Basso was among the first bike brands to research, develop and employ carbon in its frames, researching new methods and techniques to continually improve performance, reliability, and durability.
Paradigma Integration System Multiple cables running through a tight space often results in slow and heavy steering. Basso has been able to integrate internal routing whilst maintaining steering lightness and precise handling. The body of the Paradigma Stem remains cable free, so can be removed at any time without the need to disconnect the cables, making it easier to maintain your bike, transport it in a travel case or bag, or change the length of your stem.
3B Clamp System Gen 2: A totally hidden seatpost fixing solution that is invisible on the frame, intertwining technological and aesthetic innovation. This lightweight and strong integrated clamping solution offers the additional benefit of an anti-vibration function, further improving your riding experience by elevating comfort on uneven and bumpy surfaces.
- Sizes: XXS (45), XS (48), S (51), M (53), L (56), XL (58) XXL (61)
- Compatible with Electronic and Mechanical groupsets
- Cable Integration: Fully Integrated
- Brakes: Flat Mount Disc
- Bottom Bracket: BB86 86.5 X 41
- Stem: Basso Paradigma -8 Deg
- Seatpost: Basso 15mm layback
- Headset: Fully Integrated
- Tyre Clearance: 35mm
- Thru Axles: 100/142mm x 12mm
- Frame Weight: 980g
- Warranty: Covered under Basso's 2 Year warranty
- Made in Italy
- Components: Shimano Ultegra Di2 12x
- Chainset: Shimano Ultegra Di2 12x
- Disc Brakes: Shimano Ultegra Di2 12x Hydro
- Disc Rotors: Tektro TR160-35/TR140-35
- Cassette: Tifosi HG 12x 11/34
- Chain: KMC 12x Silver/Black
- Saddle: San Marco Monza
- Handlebar: Microtech All Road
- Stem: Basso Paradigma
- Seatpost: Basso Integral Carbon
- Wheelset: Mavic Cosmic S Centre Lock Disc UST
- Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano II K-Guard 700x28c
Please Note: Bikes built in-house are supplied with 30mm of headset spacers, if you require the steerer tube un-cut please let us know at point of ordering.
Spec may be subject to change due to availability